Knittwitt Knitter


Monday, January 13, 2014

Sydney's Sweater

Sorry for all the posts! I just need to catch up from the holidays! I start teaching soon so I figured I better catch up now!

I wanted to knit something special for sweet Sydney for the holidays. She is an adorable 1 year old with a great personality! I love her to pieces.  Of course I wanted it to be a surprise for her parents as well so I could not post anything about it until after the holidays but I think I was finished with it before Halloween! I was so excited to knit it for her! While I was going to chose a heavy big sweater, my friend reminded me she lives in Florida now. While big heavy warm sweaters are cute, she probably would not get too much use out of it (good point)! We looked forever and finally came up with the mini ballerina shrug. Because I made this shrug so long ago I do not remember having any issues. It seemed to be a fun and quick project. Mercerized cotton was the type of yarn I used but I do not remember the brand or color.



I have to say I am not addicted to mercerized cotton. I want to make a pair of socks for myself out of it. Oh well, someday! Sydney's gift turned out perfect, just like her. I hope she gets lots of use out of it. I miss her so much already.





No comments:

Post a Comment