Knittwitt Knitter


Monday, January 13, 2014

I want one too

Well, my husband got a hand knitted hat... I want one too! I decided to use the yarn I got for my birthday to knit up a hat for myself. I have been looking at hat patterns for a while and I found myself coming back to the same one. I love snowflakes and I love hats with snowflakes. I like to learn something new every time I knit a project. This time, I was going to learn how to use a chart with a color change. I found this pattern, Snowflake sweater and hat. I loved the hat. Then I always check other peoples raverly pages to see how successful they were at the pattern. Turns out, they looked great as well. I had 2 skeins of Plymouth DK Merino Superwash in colorways 1000 (white) and 1110 (purple). Here is how the project turned out:

The pattern is originally made to knit flat then seam together. I just knit it on DPN's in the round. I CO 26x4 (104) stitches and did 1x1 ribbing for about 6 rows. Then I decreased 2 stitches per needle per round at the top of the hat. I added a pom pom as well. Overall, I love how it turned out. If I was to do it again, I would decrease the number of stitches in the 1x1 ribbing and I would leave more slack for the carrying yarn while working the chart. I am hoping the yarn will stretch out as the hat is worn... fingers crossed. 
Ravelry Page:

I have more the 1 skein of each color left so I am going to knit matching fingerless mittens. 

1 comment:

  1. Wait, you're already done with that?! You are a speed knitter! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete