Knittwitt Knitter


Monday, January 13, 2014

Our holiday

Finally, last post for awhile, I promise! This holiday just flew by. I feel like I blinked and it was over. We had such a great time, hopefully I can recap. First, we spent a weekend in Rogers catching up with the M family. We went to the holidazzle parade, baked, laughed, sledded, and of course knitted. It was a great, relaxing, fun weekend filled with holiday joy. I love spending time at their house. It is truly a place I can relax and be myself. 

We spent one day with my brother and M. Catching up with them, seeing Santa and touring Macy's winter wonderland! We had lunch and played. Nolan opened his gift from them. My brother gave him all of his old toys from when he was a kid! Nolan loved it!! 
 Then we had my sister-in-law and family came to stay with us for a few days. It was so great to catch up with them. My niece is adorable. She is so well behaved and happy! What a cutie pie!
We spent a day in Marshfield, WI for the B family Christmas. Lots of kids, family and fun. It's always a great time seeing everyone and catching up on the past year. We spent Christmas Eve and day at home with the 3 of us. I cherish this time. Having Nolan at this age makes for a bit of magic especially with Santa. We made cookies for Santa and watched the Santa tracker on Christmas Eve. Nolan even got a letter from Santa (whew, we were hoping it would make it on time!)

 Nolan got a big boy bike from Santa! He is so excited to ride around on it!
 Christmas Day we opened gifts from Santa and then hit the road to La Crosse. We had Christmas dinner with my dad and family. We always get so spoiled there! It amazing seeing all the gifts, wrapping paper and listening to all the laughs. Its a great time. 
 We had Christmas with Paul's parents and sister's family the following day. It was again more fun, sledding, presents and great memories.

Overall, the holiday was amazing. Besides a cranky Nolan (he really needs a daily routine) we had great time. Needless to say we were exhausted and ready to get back into the grove of things. New Years we spent with friends and just relaxed. When the cold weather hit, daycare was closed and we were home with Nolan for 2 more days. Getting back to a routine took a long time but it was a holiday to remember. I hope yours was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment