Knittwitt Knitter


Monday, May 27, 2013

Hello knitters,

What an amazing weekend. My family and I went to MN to visit some family. My knitting bestie and her family had us up for the weekend to relax and just be. Of course I started new knitting projects, I mean it's summer... that's a good enough excuse! 

First, I started a Fish Hat by Thelma Egerts. This hat is for donation for a silent auction in October. Knowing me and how many projects I have, I decided to get a good start on it now. So far, I have finished the lips and mouth. Its turning out pretty cute. Pictures to come after I get a bit farther!

Second, I have started a scarf for myself. I fell in love with a scarf a friend knit and I had to make one. It's called the color symphony scarf. It was designed by a local yarn store owner and is not on ravelry. It is knitted with two types of yarn: A mulit-color worsted yarn and then a solid color in kid silk haze. Here is what I have so far:
The worsted yarn is Manos Silk Blend in 3110 Stellar and the Kid Silk Haze is the colorway Ultra.

I hope you had a spectacular weekend! I am off to knit a bit and go to bed early.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a fun weekend! And really glad you've started something for yourself... it's about time! :)

    ReplyDelete