Knittwitt Knitter


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hello all. We are just trying to stay cool here. It has been unusual high temperatures and very humid outside. Perfect weather to stay inside and dye some yarn. Since my first time dying yarn, I have dyed two more hanks. For both hanks, I tried a stripping sock yarn. The first hank was dyed brown, blue and white.



Of course I loved these colors and tried it again with a pink instead of a blue. I sent this yarn off to a good friend. I hope she likes it.
With all of this yarn, I have a lot of knitting to do. Which makes me pretty excited. 
The weather is perfect to stay inside (in the cool) and knit. Even with this hot weather, we are trying to keep our little guy, Nolan, busy. Last weekend, we enjoyed the local zoo. We went early in the morning to beat the heat. Surprisingly, the zoo was not too busy. We also went to the local pool. My son took a long time to adjust to being in the water. However, after 45 minutes he was totally having a great time and loved it. He started crying when we had to leave. I think it was an overall success. I look forward to their movie nights, of floating in the pool and watching a flick.
My husband and I took a bit of a vacation over the 4th. We are currently enjoying a 5 day stay-at-home vacation. My in-laws came down for a quick visit over the 4th. We went to the fireworks. The next morning we went out for breakfast at The Egg & I and I had my all time favorite, corn beef and hash. It was excellent. Like I said a couple of posts ago, I want to start knitting Christmas presents because I want them all done and under the tree on time. As I go to knit, I will leave you with a couple of pics of the boys. Until next time, keep knitting.


2 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm so impressed by your Christmas knitting! I should make a list and get started, too! I just got your comment about weekend knitting (we're seriously the last household in America to not have internet)-- I'm so sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda, What about knitting next Friday night? July 20th.

    ReplyDelete