Knittwitt Knitter


Sunday, July 15, 2012

It seems like yesterday, the summer was starting and we were just getting the grill out. Now, the summer is more than half over and we are living every weekend to the fullest. Friday I picked up Nolan from daycare a bit early and headed to the local pool. We had a great time just hanging out in the water soaking up the sun. I wish I would have known about the pool earlier this summer but now that we do know we are taking full advantage of it.


My biggest fear looking back at a great weekend, is blinking and my son is grown. Time is just flying and I am trying to slow down and enjoy my bear at this sweet age. Following an exciting night at the pool, Saturday we went to Winona, MN for a family wedding. We had a great time. The bride was beautiful, the ceremony was elegant and the reception was fun! There are many kids in the family attending and this wedding was did an awesome job at accommodating. The reception had a table with coloring books, a cute grab bag fill of goodies and a jar full of glow sticks! But wait, it gets even better! The thank you gift for the guests was a candy bar table.
Cutest idea ever! Nolan was in heaven. He literally had candy for dinner and was on a complete sugar high. The sugar high was perfect for a full night of dancing! He cannot carry a beat but had a fun time running around trying to dance with all the pretty ladies :) Nolan had is first real dance with a lovely little girl. I tried to take pictures but they all came out blurry. Finally, we wrapped up our weekend with a very relaxing boat ride with my brother and sister-in-law. They took us out on their boat for the entire afternoon. We went from McFarland all the way to seeing the capital (in downtown Madison) on Lake Mendota. Perfect way to unwind and spend time with family. 

As for knitting, I finished the badger socks for my mother-in-law. Hopefully, they will keep her warm for the badger games this fall. I am sending them too her in the mail this week.
I am very happy with the stripping. It was a big guess on where in the section of yarn to cast on the second sock. It worked out well and the socks match. Whew! Until next time, keep knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment