Knittwitt Knitter


Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Thanks

What am I thankful for... well where do I start. I am thankful for my family and my friends. The past year has been very stressful with the completion of my graduate degree, the move back home, start of a new job and my husband starting a new job. Without the love of friends and family and their constant support we never would have gotten to where we are. Literally, we have been so lucky.

I first like to state that I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and son. Without them, I would not be happy or complete. Everyday, I strive to be better because of them. I never knew how much I could love until they came into my life. I am very lucky that I have them in my life.

I thank my family for the constant support over the past year (and prior years). I have emailed them many times asking for support and encouragement to get through the last year of graduate school. Every time, they replied, "You can do it" and "Your almost there" without those simple phrases I never would have finished what I started.

I am thankful for my friends, especially the ones who are just as close to me as family. A shout to all of you who are far away, I miss you! I am truly thankful that in my lifetime I was able to meet you and we can remain friends for a very long time.

I am thankful that I have food on the table and a roof over my head. I wake up and have a job to go to and a car to take me there. These simple things are not so easy to come by for everyone. I am thankful that I can have such nice things and live a comfortable life. Many thanks to those who have helped us along the way to get here.

Here is my plea to you. Not everyone is as lucky as you and I. I do believe that every child should have food, clothes and other basic necessities. Well in my opinion they deserve the world but this is a start. This thanksgiving and holiday season please remember the less fortunate. Check out your local food pantry (second harvest food), Good WillSalvation Army or whatever and see what you can do to help. It may not be money, just time or a can food you have lying around in your cupboards. Anything can help. Even donating blood is a way of giving back. You can make a difference.

For those of you who give back, I am thankful for you as well.

Every year my family takes names off of a giving tree and gives a gift to a child. We donate to a local food pantry and try to make a difference. I cannot say I have met person I have helped but I am sure they are thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

  1. I'm very thankful to have you as a friend. You are smart, caring and beautiful woman who is also an amazing mother! I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete