Knittwitt Knitter


Monday, November 21, 2011

Candy Cane Hat

Wow. Its been a bit since I last posted. I have not done much knitting because I have been so busy.  We went back home recently to see family and catch up. We had dinner with my father and his girlfriend on Saturday night at Piggy's. It was an amazing meal, I have not had a fancy dinner like  that in years. I had a great time catching up with him and hearing about all the new things he is up to. Plus my son really likes his grandpa. It is so important to me that my son has a relationship with is entire family. The following day, Nolan saw his grandma and we brought her lunch. We went through my old toys and it brought back a lot of memories. Plus, it was surreal how much stuff my mom held on to over all of the years. We have a small Tupperware that we keep for Nolan for when he gets bigger. Not much fits in it so whatever makes it in has to be pretty important to keep :) My goal is to make a quilt off all of is important baby clothes for when he has his first baby. HAHA this deadline gives me years to learn how to quilt.

We had family pictures taken this weekend by Bryana Alameida Photography. I am so excited to see how they turn out! Paul and I are not very artistic so it probably is hard on the photographer to get good shots of us. It was also in the mid 30s for a temperature so Nolan was not very happy either. We just need a good one to go on the wall and on our holiday cards. I will post pictures once they are available to me.

As for knitting, I took a break for the scarf and started a hat. I wanted to knit something for my son that was quick and cute. I got the itty bitty hats by Susan Anderson and started the candy cane hat. Here is how it turned out:

Here is a picture taken by Bryana with the hat on:

As you can see, Nolan is not the happiest. I have started another candy cane hat for a gift. The pattern goes really fast and should have it done with in a day or two. Then its back to the scarf. I am excited to start again on the scarf. I start a new skein and we will see how the colors work out. Its always fun to have color changing yarn because you never know how exactly it will turn out. I have decided that eventually I am going to make myself some socks when all of the the holiday gifts are done. (Of course the number of friends I have that are pregnant, I will be knitting baby hats for a while but they go fast and are so cute.) Until next time, keep knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment