Knittwitt Knitter


Monday, January 7, 2013

I am pleased to announce that I am an aunt. Our niece baby S was born this past week and we could not be more thrilled. She is just adorable. I love her cute little nose and her sweet baby face.

Holding baby S took me back to when my son was just born. I cannot believe it was almost 3 years ago. My favorite moment was the first time he heard my voice outside the womb. I remember just after he was born, the nurses were scrabbling to clean him up, get a weight and size measurement. I was dying, I could hear him cry and the precious few seconds apart felt like an eternity. I said, "Hi Nolan" and he immediately stopped crying and turned his little head towards me. In that instant, I knew my life would never be the same. I can honestly say, in the past 2 years and nine months my life has been amazing due to that little boy.

If you know me, you have heard me rant about how fast our little boy is growing. It scares me that one day I will look back and 20+ years have past since he was born. After recent events, I realized this is a pretty silly fear because life is so precious and I should be thankful for every moment we have together, that my son is healthy and growing fast. I love you so much NHB.

1 comment:

  1. That is a precious story about Nolan! And your niece is beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete