Knittwitt Knitter


Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WIP Wenesday

Hello Knitters.

Happy Wednesday. I came across an article yesterday, posted by my friend on Facebook, that I totally agree with. Check them out:

Never say this to a knitter. Really, just don't do it.

It is a great read about why knitters do not sell their work. For me, it is a way to relax and unwind. I started knitting as a way to turn my mind off after a stressful day of graduate school. A way to stop thinking about chemistry and research and to work on a mindless project. Now, I find it a way to enjoy life; slow down and appreciate my time. Finally, I find it as a way to socialize in the ice cold winters in Wisconsin.

This week, I am finishing up (fingers crossed I will finish up this week) my friends baby blanket. When I first started this project it was difficult and needed my undivided attention. As I worked through the pattern, I find it easier and almost routine to knit through the rows. I hope she finds the baby blanket beautiful.

I broke down and bought some super cute stitch markers: 

I also worked a bit on my Jitterbug socks. I picked the Zigzagular pattern and I love how it is working with the yarn. 


Finally, I am super excited to buy the yarn for Quicksilver shawl. I saw the pattern on Caffiene Girl's Blog and I fell in love instantly. Once those truck repairs are off my credit card I know the first thing I am going to purchase!
I have a sick boy and hubby. I am writing a quick post while they snuggle. I am still reading Enders game. It is a struggle to read with a son around Enders age. They things he goes through are insane. 
Linking up with Ginny today! I cannot wait to see what is on everyone's needles.

3 comments:

  1. I got into crocheting the exact same way! Grad school (for me in computer science) sure does take a lot out of you, and after a full day in the lab, the last thing I wanted to do was look at a computer!

    The baby blanket is beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your family starts feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see my name in print! It really is a beautiful shawl. I am such a slow knitter that I'm sure I'll still be working on mine when you start yours!

    ReplyDelete