Knittwitt Knitter


Wednesday, November 19, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Hello Knitters!

Where to start? I have cast on many projects, so there much to share. First, I have been in LOVE with the toasty twist sock pattern forever! I just wanted to find the right skein. I found this beauty while visiting a friend Chicago! Now, I am all set to start knitting.
I have been drooling over the Stray Cat Self Stripping Yarns for a long time. My friend and I bought some yarn and decided to work the Mystik Spiral Sock pattern.

This project is challenging. I had to rewrite the pattern for a smaller foot size and learn how to make German Short Rows (best youtube video here. ) I am not fond of how the short rows look but I love the pattern so much, I am starting to not care. Plus, the stripes look super cute in my opinion.... Moving on....

I started the Duotone Cowl for myself as well. I had way to many socks on needles and needed something with a bigger needle to work on. I love love love these colors. I wanted to step out of the box and try something not in my normal color scheme and this project is it.
Finally, I finished the All Souls Trilogy... I am so sad it is over but it was a great read. I am now reading, I capture the castle. It was suggested to me by a friend and I do love the tone of the book. It is engaging and fun. I would never have chosen this book myself so I am glad I asked for suggestions... I hope you are all having a wondering Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by. I joined Ginny today.

2 comments:

  1. That sock pattern looks really crazy! Maybe your rows will look a little better once the sock is blocked... Looks like a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your yarn choices! I Capture the Castle is a great read.

    ReplyDelete