Knittwitt Knitter


Monday, November 17, 2014

The Bear's Socks

I am proud to admit I have the cuddliest, cutest and sweet little boy ever. I have many nick names for him, the bear, nonobear, short stuff, cutiepie, sweet pea and so on.  He lives up to every name. The coolest thing, he loves LOVES, hand knit socks. For someone to be this appreciative of socks, well, he will get many pairs. I saw the Angry Birds Colorway on Turtlepurl yarns and thought of him instantly. I started by casting on 52 stitches and then k3p1 pattern for the cuff. I made basic socks from the cuff down using an adaptive version of the afterthought heel. They turned out perfect.


For an extra special treat, I made myself a new set of stitch markers. It's the little things in life that make me so happy. Happy Monday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment