Knittwitt Knitter


Thursday, December 20, 2012

Alexander Street Hat

Hello Knitters.

Its cold and dry  here in Wi. We have received the first real snow fall of the season and its a big one. When we look out our front door its a winter wonderland. Perfect timing for the holidays.
Well, its perfect for my new hat, alexander street hat by Carol J. Sulcoski. I love how it turned out. . First, I used KnitPicks fingering, meadow mulit and lantana. This particular hat is size medium and it turned out huge! So, I put it in the dryer for 25 mins on high and now it fits perfect.

I love the picot edge. I have never done that technique before and found it to be a bit tedious. I did not like how the pattern has you go back and tack the edge. I would finish the edging while knitting the hat if I was to do the hat again. I need to give a big THANKS to M, my knitting partner for giving me the yarn. She is amazing! Well, daycare is closed and the family is ready to start the holiday vacation. I will be on later this weekend.
Until then, keep knitting.

1 comment: