Knittwitt Knitter


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

TADA!

Hello knitters. I could not wait to post these pictures. I finished the citron shawl last night and I am just so freaking excited and proud! Check it out:
I am not a big fan of shawls so I will wear it like a cowl. Here is the whole piece:
And here is my favorite part, the beaded edge:


Okay so here are the details. I found the pattern on Susan Anderson's blog. I loved it. The pattern is called Citron Shawl by Hilary Smith Callis. On Susan's blog she added the beads and increased the size of the shawl. I also did these steps. Here is the link to the tutorial for how to add the beads.

As for the yarn I used Madelinetosh lace weight yarn in alizarin color. It's the first project I have ever made for myself and I am pretty proud!

Finally, Nolan had his first ever Shamrock Shake in honor of Paul's return.
Twins! They are just too cute and sweet!

Until next time, keep knitting ;)


4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! The beaded edge is especially gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amanda. Okay so I am going to make the owl hat and sweater! I am going to try to write the owl cabling so I can do the sweater top down. I may need help if I get stuck! Have a great day! ~Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great D! Great job! Love the beaded edge! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete