Knittwitt Knitter


Saturday, January 28, 2012

Citron Shawl

I recently saw the citron shawl (by Hilary Smith Callis) posted on Susan B. Anderson's blog and I fell in love. So with my gift card for Lakeside Fibers and I bought the material for making the shawl. I got Madelinetosh lace weight yarn in alizarin color.

I started the pattern about two weeks ago. Unforntunately, my dog ripped apart my first attempt. However, the second attempt looks much better and is coming along nicely!
With this project, I found a lot of stitch markers to be VERY helpful! However, they can get a bit pricy. I decided to pick up a bag of small rubber bands for $0.99 at Walgreens and used those every 10 stitches.
I have also gotten a bit farther on the gaptastic cowl. Its pretty fast but extremely boring to knit. Plus, I have never knitted myself something and I feel its about time I did so.


Finally, I have not worked on the project in a while but I will again soon. Probably after my shawl is done. Here is the current status of my 2-at-a-time socks.
I must say I recently started using addi TURBO needles and I love them! I just wish they were cheaper. I will start buying these needles as project requires different sizes. Which brings me to the my newly queued project, Spud from Spud and Chloe. I am so excited. A family member just had a baby and I think a cute Spud would be the perfect gift!

I will end with a cute picture of my little man... who is growing up way too fast!
Too cute even without pants! Until next time, Happy Knitting.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe how much older he looks! And I just saw him two months ago!!! Please make him stop growing! lol I like your new proects. They are coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete