Knittwitt Knitter


Tuesday, September 30, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Hello Knitters! Happy hump day. I hope your week is going well.

I cast on a new project with yarn I got for my birthday. I am simply in love. I received a skein of Quaere Fibre yarn for my birthday from my knitting buddy. I forgot how much fun it is to knit stripes! They knit up so fast because I keep telling myself, "just one more stripe". I truly will be sad when I bind off this project because they are just soooooo much fun. 
I wanted to keep the stripes on the heel flap so I used the afterthought heel pattern. I had a business trip this past week in New Orleans. I was able to sneak off and check out a yarn store while there. The Quarter Stitch is a little shop on the french quarter.  The environment is very friendly and their yarn selection is full of variety. I suggest stopping by this amazing store whenever you visit New Orleans.
My friend watched our dog, Ballack while we were away and as a thank you I got her this yarn:
 
She is super excited to make a cute ear flap hat. For my knitting buddy and I, I bought us some Jitterbug sock yarn. Very excited to cast on and see how this yarn looks :)
Enjoy your week, we are 1/2 way to the weekend! Until next time, keep knitting and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hopping over from Ginny's Yarn Along and what beautiful stripey socks - aren't stripes just the best? ;)

    Love the colours of your Jitterbug sock yarn too. Will be nice to see it knitted up.

    ReplyDelete