Knittwitt Knitter


Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just one of those days

The title about sums it up. I had "just one of those days" and when I do I usually sit and reflect. Today one memory really comes to mind. (I should preface this with, its been a pretty emotional day or two.)  It's been about 5 years now and some one told me something and it was meant to hurt my feelings but it had a completely different impact. Basically, I was told in short I was not a very considerate person. At first I was floored and shocked. But then I thought about it and they were completely right. When I talked with my friends, I only cared about what I had to say and did not listen. Nor did I ever ask how they or their families were doing. Looking back, bringing this to my attention was the best thing a real friend could do. Since then, I make certain I ask, how are you... listen to the answer. Remember whats going on and ask again later. Being truly concerned and aware of what is going on. This post is not coming out the way I wanted but in short, I care. What an impact it has had on my friendships, family and workplace. Overall, I feel a part of others peoples lives and feel like they know, we are always there if needed. I hope you are there for someone and someone is there for you. Because when it is "just one of those days" they are there to make it all better, kind of chicken noodle soup for the heart. 

After this bad day, I walked past a car in the parking lot and it had a bumper sticker that said:

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

 And that is all I needed. I am off to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment